- Job Reference: 40347
- Salary: £35,000-£40,000
- Discipline: QHSE
- Location: Gateshead
- Contract: Permanent
- Skills: QSHE & Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary: £35,000- £40,000
· Oversee and input on QHSE activities for project, product, and service support from design through to customer, including the supply chain.
- Assist in the evaluation of the supplier chain and supplier risk mitigation process.
- Conduct process and system QHSE audits in accordance with the Company’s business management requirements
- Control the Internal and external audit schedule set by the Head of Quality and ensure the logs, completion of audit reports, and effectiveness reviews are completed.
- Monitor, evaluate, and assess legislation updates considering the relevance to our environmental aspects and impacts updating the legal and compliance register regularly and promoting awareness.
- Identify and report any current or potential quality assurance issues regarding projects, products, and processes. Where applicable suggest and assist to implement improvements.
- Ensure all QHSE manuals, procedures, records, and policies are up to date and in line with current legislation and implemented throughout the business.
- Provide administrative support for Quality, Health and safety, and Environmental Management Systems, ensuring daily upkeep and tasks are completed as per the Head of Quality direction.
- Control the Internal Audit schedule set by the Head of Quality Manager and ensure the logs, completion of audit reports, and effectiveness reviews are completed.
- Responsibility for evaluating the supplier chain and coordinating the Supplier Risk Mitigation process.
- Contribute to OH&S, Environmental and sustainability competence, and awareness of staff at all levels through the development of training and awareness initiatives and sharing of best practices.
- Provide representation at QHSE Improvement Groups.
- Monitor, evaluate, and assess the legal and compliance register regularly and promote awareness.
- Responsibility for supplier management and risk mitigation process.
- Contribute towards increasing OH&S competence and awareness of staff at all levels through the development of training and awareness initiatives and sharing of best practice.
- Completion of audits according to the internal audit program, ensuring operational controls are implemented and monitored.
- Collate and distribute QHSE communications including the QHSE newsletters.
- Provide day-to-day product and service support which requires a quality input that can range from design, and manufacturing through to customer and assisting others within the department for quality, cost, and delivery.
- Activity participates in and provides support in the Business Management System.
- Ensure all H&S procedures and policies are up to date and in line with current legislation and implemented throughout the business.
- Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures, and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.
Skills & experience
- Working knowledge of a certified management system such as ISO9001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, TS22163.
- NEBOSH certificate
- Supplier Development experience
- Practical auditing experience of 5 years or more.
- Experience in QHSE Management
- Good understanding and application of quality-related tools and techniques.
- Understanding of SPC
- Good PC skills using Microsoft office packages.
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Six Sigma
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Project Engineering, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
Quality - Engineering , Management
Health, Safety & Environmental
HR & Finance
Sales & Business Administration
The Company: Theo James Recruitment is delighted to partner once again with an ever-growing and superb business in the heart of Teesside. Are you pa ...
Quality Technician£26,000 plus shift allowance
The Company: Theo James is delighted to partner a fantastic company thoroughly established within the Automotive Sector. This company prides itself o ...
The Company: Theo James are thrilled to be supporting an automotive partner in its search fora highly skilled and motivated Quality Engineer to join ...
Quality Control Manager£35,000-£40,000
The Company: Are you passionate about maintaining the highest standards in food production? Theo James is delighted to be partnering with a decorate ...
Quality Engineer£38,000 and above (depending on experience)
The Company: We are delighted to work alongside a long-term partner of Theo James in aiding the recruitment of a Quality Engineer to join their alre ...
Enviromental HSE Officer/ Manager£50,000-£60,000
The Company: Are you ready to join a global leader at the forefront of technological innovation that has established itself as a pioneering force si ...
Quality Control Engineer£40,000-£50,000
The Company: A partner of Theo James is looking for an experienced Quality Control Engineer to join their already successful department. This company ...
Head of QSHEOver market average
The Company: Theo James are delighted to partner once again with a truly remarkable business based within the North East, this organization has becom ...
Quality EngineerHighly Competitive
A partner of Theo James based in Bedlingtonare looking for a Quality Engineer to join their department as they enter an exciting time for the company. ...
NDT TechnicianIs negotiable on application
Cook Defence Sytems have once again partnered with Theo James Recruitment, on an exclusive basis to appoint their next NDT Technician.
Quality Assurance EngineerHighly Competitive
The Company: This is an exciting opportunity as a QA Engineer to be part of one of the North East’s highest profile manufacturing plants as we ...