- Job Reference: 39485
- Salary: Up to £36,000
- Discipline: Design & Engineering
- Location: Gloucester
- Skills:R&D Engineer
Research & Development Engineer
We are excited to be recruiting for a new Research & Development Engineer for a great client of ours who are a world class engineering company providing engineering solutions to the Aerospace sector.
As an R&D Engineer you be involved in the design, development and testing of R&D Projects.
This will include the investigation of technology trends, competitor analysis, physical testing and writing technical documents and reports.
Salary of a Research & Development Engineer
Job Description of a Research & Development Engineer
- Develop and project manage technology road maps for new products.
- Conduct research and patent searches on new materials, technologies and manufacturing processes.
- Prepare R&D project proposals.
- Develop proposals along with internal / external resources and organisation.
- Manage small R&D project teams allocated to projects.
- Build & manage relations with external R&D and academic organisations.
- Generate test plans, reports and conduct laboratory scale tests for validating new products and materials.
- Hands on manufacturing and testing of R&D concepts.
Skills & experience of a Research & Development Engineer
- Degree qualified or working towards in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience working in an R&D position.
- Experience of materials science or thermal engineering is desirable.
- 3D CAD experience (CATIA V5 or SolidWorks).
- Good IT literacy with MS Office skills (Excel and Project).
- Work in a company with genuine career progression and stability.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management