- Job Reference: 39586
- Salary: £37,000
- Discipline: Supply Chains & Logistics
- Location: Tyne and Wear
- Skills:Project Planner
Job Title: Project Planner
Location: Tyne & Wear (Free Parking)
A fantastic opportunity for a Planner within the industry, to join an engineering powerhouse here in the North-East.
Purpose of Role:
The Planning Department provides a link between Project and Production by developing a plan using MS Project format which translates the fabrication into an orderly array of job activities which demonstrate a practical methodology for the completion of the work scope in the desired time frame. This is followed by the continued support of the project plan by way of amending, interjection of additional work items, issue of revised planning and progress monitoring and updating.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
- The Project Planner is fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems, and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area(s) of responsibility.
- Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
- Shall ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risk to their health and safety.
- Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
- Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within area(s) of control are used a required and maintained in an effective state and in good working order and repair.
- Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
- Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
- Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their line manager
- Understand and be proficient in the operation of the Microsoft Project Management planning system
- Reading and interpreting owner’s specifications
- Reading and interpreting estimator’s breakdowns
- Issuing plans to estimating, production and project personnel, and working in close liaison with them to ensure maximum effectiveness and usefulness.
- Providing an initial labour forecast for guidance only
- Inputting progress and carrying out critical path analysis.
- Provide the back-up in way of planning records in support of claims to the owners
- Provide training and support as required
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Project Engineering, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
Quality - Engineering, Management
Health, Safety & Environmental
HR & Finance
Sales & Business Administration