- Job Reference: 39600
- Salary: £37,142 PA
- Discipline: Maintenance & Trades
- Location: Darlington
- Skills:Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer (Elec / Mech Bias)
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary - £37,142 PA
Shifts – 2 shift pattern: (6am-2pm/2pm-10pm)
· 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Additional holidays based upon length of service
· 6% pension contribution
· Private medical cover after 3 months
· 4x salary death in service
· Quarterly bonus scheme
· Company sick pay
Location – Darlington Area
A long-standing manufacturing company, who is very stable within their current market and due to their ongoing growth, we have an exciting job opportunity for someone to join the maintenance team. A company which offers a very competitive benefits package for all employees.
Typical duties involve: -
- Attend breakdowns with the aim of producing a solution for repair in a timely manner
- Dealing with mechanical faults and finding solutions to the breakdowns
- Hands on with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Maintenance machinery on site and reactive maintenance problems which arise
- To oversee PPM schedules
- To have the confidence to be standalone within a role
- Strip and refit parts upon machinery on site
- Assist in the running of our “Agility” system, carrying out TPMs and ensuring documentation is completed.
- Keep daily records of all work completed and all work pending.
- Monitor stores stock and usage.
- Apply best practice operation at all times maintaining high levels of health & safety, hygiene and quality standards.
- Other reasonable duties in line with business needs as defined by the Engineering Manager or their superior.
Skills & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Qualification
- HNC Qualification (desired)
- Basic Electrical Engineering understanding (desired)
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Proven electrical/electronic and mechanical skills with knowledge of PLC’s and Drives.
- Understand and be able to read electrical/mechanical schematic drawings.
- Be an effective team player and possess excellent communication skills.