- Job Reference: 39682
- Salary: Up to £30,000
- Discipline: Design & Engineering
- Location: Washington
- Skills:Methods Engineer
Methods/Lean Manufacturing Engineer
We are excited to be recruiting for a global Automotive manufacturer in the search for a new Methods Engineer due to growth in the business.
This role is a great opportunity for a junior or graduate engineer with previous lean manufacturing experience to develop through the business.
As a Methods Engineer you will be responsible for the management of process and equipment performance, managing process change, the industrialisation of new processes and developing improvement activities.
Salary of a Methods Engineer
Up to £30,000
Job Description of a Methods Engineer
- Performance measurement of processes to identify any problems or opportunities.
- Collaborate with project teams on the introduction of new processes
- Management of process master data.
- Management of FMEA for all products.
- Liaising with tool and equipment suppliers for the management of existing processes and introduction of new processes.
- Liaising with customers in the management of process performance.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to implement improvements
- Planning & coordination of equipment moves or new installation on site
- Development of SOP for new processes
Skills & experience of a Methods Engineer
- Degree qualified in a manufacturing or engineering discipline is desirable.
- Experience in automotive or high-volume manufacturing is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of process engineering.
- Have demonstrated experience of practical problem solving.
- Demonstrate understanding of lean techniques,
- Have experience of FMEA management.
- Competent on MS office packages including MS Project.
- Work in a secure high-volume, fast-moving manufacturing company.
- Opportunity for a junior or graduate engineer to grow and develop their skills.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management