- Job Reference: 39385
- Salary: Up to £50,000
- Discipline: Design & Engineering
- Location: Sunderland
- Skills:Lead Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer
dynamic Lead Mechanical Engineer with experience of working with customer focused projects. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team designing gas, hydraulic and process systems from first principles. You will be expected to produce instrumentation pipe-work schematics (P&ID’s), fabrication drawings, system designs and GA drawings in both 2D and 3D CAD packages. Liaise with customers to outline design concepts. The lead engineer will follow projects from cradle to grave.
Salary of a Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £50,000
Job Description of a Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Management of engineers and draughtsman to maintain high standards and integrated design work
- Ability to carry out performance and development reviews for their staff
- Responsible for checking of work packages and feedback of any issues identified as a means of development
- Responsible for implementation of standard design working practices to develop standard working methodology
- Ability to visualise and articulate complex change programs and projects
- Ability to elicit, analyse, level and manage requirements, e.g. stakeholder, user and technical
- To be an operational member of the design team to ensure systems are delivered on time and to specification.
- Concept system design including circuits, pumps, tooling and fabrication.
- Produce engineering calculations to ensure specifications are met including: -
Good understanding of thermodynamics.
Good understanding of mechanical design and calculations.
Good knowledge of material compatibility.
Flow through valves and pipework.
Volumetric pressure calculations.
Power consumption calculations.
- Produce P&ID drawings and bill of materials for each design using AutoCAD.
- Produce detail drawings and general arrangement drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
- Complete engineering documentation to ensure continued compliance with ISO standards and CE marking directives.
- Lead on DFMEA reviews with a view to take actions to eliminate or reduce failures
- Preparing reports for management, customers and other relevant parties
- Creating Operation and Maintenance manuals/documentation.
- Updating Engineering drawings to ensure as built data is captured.
- Be prepared to travel as appropriate to support project requirements (globally).
Skills & experience of a Mechanical Design Engineer
- An Engineering Related Degree.
- Experience using CAD software packages (preferably Inventor 3D & AutoCAD 2d)
- Proven experience of delivery of £Multi-million systems.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and concepts verbally and in writing
- Awareness of working in a hazardous environment.
- Work in a growing business moving into an exciting new market.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management