- Job Reference: 39374
- Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
- Discipline: Design & Engineering
- Location: Sunderland
- Skills:Hydrogen Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Salary up to £45,000
- Excellent pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 4x Death in service
- Electrical car scheme
- Expanding company who are investing and growing rapidly
- Early finish Fridays
Location – Sunderland
We are working for a leading specialist manufacturer in their search for a dynamic electrical design engineer. This is an exciting time to join a stable, massively growing business who have been heavily investing over the past year.
You will be responsible for designing control solutions to the gas, hydraulic and process systems from first principles. The role would suit a logical thinker who enjoys working with different systems in combination with computers.
The role will involve interaction with multidiscipline teams and therefore will need good communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be an operational member of the electrical design team to ensure systems are delivered on time and to specification.
- Design Electrical Schematics, Preferably in EPLAN (Other considered)
- Create electrical schematics that show how electrical components and panels work together to accomplish a process
- Produce layout drawings of the given plan, components and devices.
- Component specification and verification in accordance with operating environment
- Produce and modify bill of materials
- Support onsite installation requirements
- Understand construction or production methods and processes
- Examine existing drawings and double-check them for reliability and manufacturability
- Be involved with continuous improvement and design standardization
- Updating Engineering drawings to ensure as built data is captured or to include changes and/or enhancements
- Support project specific Safety documentation to relevant standard requirements; IEC61508, EN ISO13849
- Prepare documentation for the system’s intended use as well as any safety related instructions
- Produce system Electrical FDS
- Create necessary system calculations – Power requirements, IS circuit calculations etc.
- Assist with technical files and data books including ATEX/IECEx technical files and customer specific quality documentation
- Support the service team to review technical queries and resolve issues
- Familiarization with planning tools (E-Plan or equivalent)
- Support the continuous improvement program and embrace as part of standard work
Skills & experience
- 5 years of experience within a similar role
- Minimum HND qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline
- knowledge of Electrical Engineering & Standards,
- Must have a strong understanding of the electrical software engineering principles
- Draw and interpret Flow diagrams (Visio etc)
- Have good foresight and strong analytical thinking skills that allow you to troubleshoot and avoid problems.
- Able to use a range of CAD software packages
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of a positive working environment
- Growing company, stable industry
- Fantastic pension scheme and contribution
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Project Engineering, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
Quality - Engineering, Management
Health, Safety & Environmental
HR & Finance
Sales & Business Administration