- Job Reference: 39484
- Salary: Up to £35,000
- Discipline: Design & Engineering
- Location: Gloucester
- Skills:Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are excited to be recruiting for a new Mechanical Design Engineer for a great client of ours who are a world class engineering company providing engineering solutions to the Aerospace sector.
As a Design Engineer you be heavily involved in the design and development of thermal insulation & aerospace products.
You will produce 3D CAD models, engineering drawings and technical presentations, along with thermal analysis and calculations to support the design process.
Salary of a Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Description of a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design & develop new and current thermal Insulation products.
- Produce 3D CAD models with Solidworks.
- Produce 2D Drawings with Solidworks.
- Prepare packaging and feasibility studies.
- Participate in both internal and external meetings such as design reviews and project meetings.
- Working closely with R&D to develop new technical solutions.
Skills & experience of a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Degree qualified or working towards in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Ideally 2-3 years experience working in a similar role.
- 3D CAD experience (Solidworks or Inventor) is essential
- Good IT literacy with MS Office skills (Excel and Project) is essential
- Working in aerospace structures or thermal engineering is desirable
- Work in a company with genuine career progression and stability.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management