- Job Reference: 40407
- Salary: £12.50 - £16.00
- Discipline: QHSE
- Location: Blaydon-on-Tyne
- Contract: Permanent
- Skills: Quality Inspector
Job Title: Quality Inspector
Salary: £12.50- £16.00 (dependant on experience)
Day shift Role: 07:00 - 17:15
(Overtime on a Friday is paid at time and a quarter)
- 4 day working week
- The holidays are 257.5 Hrs based on 5 weeks + Bank Holidays
- Working for an agile group with a lean structure, who pride ourselves with staff tenure.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A dynamic and supportive work environment.
- The chance to work with a diverse range of clients and industries.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact within a reputable company.
- Conduct thorough inspections of machined, fabricated, welded, pressed, painted, and laser-cut components to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer specifications.
- Perform first-off, patrol, batch, and visual inspections, using precision inspection equipment.
- Complete First Article inspection reports to various client specifications
- Identify and report any deviations, defects, or non-conformities in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with production and engineering teams to resolve quality issues and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records of inspection results and quality documentation, including the updating of our ERP system.
- Assist in the development and improvement of quality control processes and procedures.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts to enhance product quality and efficiency within an ISO-controlled environment.
- Communicate quality-related information to relevant stakeholders.
Skills & experience
- Degree in engineering, manufacturing, or equivalent proven experience in a similar sales estimating role within the precision engineering sector.
- Proven experience as a Quality Inspector in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Strong understanding of quality control principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using measurement tools and equipment.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for spotting defects and inconsistencies.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and quality management systems is desirable.
- Capability to communicate with all levels of customers, suppliers, and management alike.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, CAD software).
- CMM experience (Desirable)
Why Should You Apply?
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
Leadership and Management
Design - Engineer, Management
Project Engineering, Management
Production / Process Engineering
Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
Quality - Engineering , Management
Health, Safety & Environmental
HR & Finance
Sales & Business Administration
The Company: Theo James Recruitment is delighted to partner once again with an ever-growing and superb business in the heart of Teesside. Are you pa ...
Quality Technician£26,000 plus shift allowance
The Company: Theo James is delighted to partner a fantastic company thoroughly established within the Automotive Sector. This company prides itself o ...
The Company: Theo James are thrilled to be supporting an automotive partner in its search fora highly skilled and motivated Quality Engineer to join ...
Quality Control Manager£35,000-£40,000
The Company: Are you passionate about maintaining the highest standards in food production? Theo James is delighted to be partnering with a decorate ...
Quality Engineer£38,000 and above (depending on experience)
The Company: We are delighted to work alongside a long-term partner of Theo James in aiding the recruitment of a Quality Engineer to join their alre ...
Enviromental HSE Officer/ Manager£50,000-£60,000
The Company: Are you ready to join a global leader at the forefront of technological innovation that has established itself as a pioneering force si ...
Quality Control Engineer£40,000-£50,000
The Company: A partner of Theo James is looking for an experienced Quality Control Engineer to join their already successful department. This company ...
Head of QSHEOver market average
The Company: Theo James are delighted to partner once again with a truly remarkable business based within the North East, this organization has becom ...
Quality EngineerHighly Competitive
A partner of Theo James based in Bedlingtonare looking for a Quality Engineer to join their department as they enter an exciting time for the company. ...
NDT TechnicianIs negotiable on application
Cook Defence Sytems have once again partnered with Theo James Recruitment, on an exclusive basis to appoint their next NDT Technician.
Quality Assurance EngineerHighly Competitive
The Company: This is an exciting opportunity as a QA Engineer to be part of one of the North East’s highest profile manufacturing plants as we ...